Striking Mix of Bold Colors

    Ok, I have to admit that this design in the bold colors of red, black, white and silver are extremely striking together. The design is new for me and I’ve taken a mix of different techniques to combine and put this piece together. And so far it’s begun to be a big hit and I’ve been asked to create more in different colors and styles!

    The necklace focal center is designed to stay stationary on either a silk cord or a ribbon cord. I’ve used in this case a large chunk of coral (dyed) in a thick oval shape; then surrounded it in single coils. To accent the pendant, I’ve hand charmed 36 pieces different shapes of stones coral, freshwater cultured pearls, black agate, and Swarovski crystals; between I’ve added a couple of double spiral coils and then capped the entire piece into a stationary position with wired coils and swirls that becomes part of the design.

    The whole piece is quite labor intensive taking quite a bit of time to design, mix/match colors and stones, then hand charm each one and either wire, bail or get creative with the pendant. The matching earrings are the same double coils and stones from the necklace – all wire is done in non-tarnish silver wire.




    Keep watching as I’ll be doing many more of these inspirations from the many pendants, stones and metals that I have!

    This design along with many other uniquely artisan crafted jewelry pieces are available at our online shop!




    Agates: Balancing physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual energies; perceptiveness, strength, inspiration, awakening talents.
    Coral: Diplomacy, quieting emotions, visualization.
    Pearl: Purity, faith, charity, innocence, integrity, focus, wisdom, spirituality, sincerity, fertility.

Blog Archive