Fun In Bones Fossil Design


    When I came across these lampwork beads in Tucson this year, I just new I had to have them. The creative look of a bone would really be a great design with some of my fossils. I kept creating until yesterday I came up with this latest creation using the lampwork bones.

    The necklace focal is an button ammonite fossil pendant that has a toffee colored background with the fossil in black and off-white, showing just a hint of crystallization. It is polished on one side and left semi-raw on the backside. The pendant is set with supporting and coil wires in artistic non-tarnish brass wire.



    The base of the necklace is the fun irregular lampwork bone beads! The colors of the bones are a begie/cream with some being slightly darker than others; I’ve accented some of them with freeform wire wrapping. Between the bones are rough cut rondelles in red star jasper, small black jet disks and round gold-tone spacers.

    Find your next ‘bone’ treasure among our artisan designed jewelry!

Blog Archive