Growing Pains in Studio Storage

    There comes a time in every shop, studio, office, or craft room when you just have to stop and stay “I need more space”! In this case, I was the one saying more space was needed to house my inventory. I had really outgrown the drawers in this standup. Practically everything was divided among the drawers and it was making it harder and harder to find anything. I actually during the transition found stones and pendants that I thought I’d used only to find them hidden away under bags of other stones, or worse, miss placed colors (deep blues or dark browns hidden among black).

    So, I set out to determine how I was going to change my inventory storage problem with limited studio space. A friend suggested that I should really go ‘up’ rather than expand any other direction in my studio. What I did was look around and research what kind of storage system would allow me the ability to grow as my business grew.

    This is what I found, a really nice heavy wire rack shelving unit; the shelves are adjustable and I can add additional shelving units with other types of storage compartments (not just shelves, but hanging compartments!). This really fit the bill for me; with the purchase of clear locking storage boxes (that now need to be labeled), I turned my single storage problem into future growth potential.
    What I really like, is that I can actual see the stones and dig through the bins much easier and the lighting just above me makes it much easier to match things up rather than guessing.

    We’re every growing and luckily I figured out a system that I can continue to use and grow as the business expands!

    To see some of latest creations available for purchase, visit our website.

Blog Archive