A Designers Thoughts

    When I first started my jewelry business I did a lot of research. I looked at designs, searched the net on trends, colors, and fashions; I read any book, magazine or website I could get my hands on about the jewelry business and industry. I take a look back from time to time and see how my designs and busienss are evolving.

    Early on the designs were simple and didn’t use hardly any wire techniques. After a few wire working classes, I was hooked and now love to design something that incorporates the wire as more of an accent to the beauty of the natural gemstones.

    Now many comment on how bold, exotic and trendy my designs have become. When designing, I look to the stones to lead me in a direction; either from the color combinations or just by adding metals, glass or crystals makes it stand out.

    One thing as an Artist I’ve learned, I’m my worst critic and need to learn that not having the perfect fit or completed look is all part of the creative handcrafted style that makes me an Artist.

    I’m still searching the net, looking at jewelry, designs, trends, colors, and fashions; but mostly, I look to my customers, because the jewelry is a pure reflection of their personality and who they are.

    If there is but one piece of advice I could give…it’s go with your instincts, never give in, learn to be flexible and above all have fun with what you do and enjoy your creations.

Blog Archive