Some of My Favorites

    This week I’m looking back over the past year and thinking of the many different designs that were created. Every one is pretty much a ‘favorite’ but others still were harder to ‘sell’ and let go. In looking at the all the photo’s and pondering how they were created, I thought I would share a few of my favorites through-out the week.

    Turquoise and Pearls
    These two pieces are among the top favorites on my list and are in Turquoise and Pearls.

    The first is a dramatic piece and a first attempt at working with pearls and multi-strands. I mixed fresh water cultured pearls with turquoise teardrop gemstones; intermixed with Swarovski Crystals in copper surrounded by copper metal spacers. For the earrings I took individual turquoise and charmed each of the pearls to the upper portion of the earring. It gave the earring a multi-dangle effect while still looking classy to complete the set. This lovely piece found a home with a very nice lady who saw the piece and said she wanted that piece exactly to complete her outfit to a friends wedding later that week. She liked the fact that it has a stylish and classy look, yet could also be worn more casual with jeans and a jacket.

    The second piece is a long large turquoise marquee pendant wire wrapped in bronze artistic wire. This was also a first attempt at traditional wire wrapping and was a lone pendant until I got the idea to set it with a strand of single fresh water cultured pearls. I hand coiled both side pieces and then pulled separate wires through to form the ‘frame’ that the turquoise pendant would sit in. Once completed, I hammered the spirals just to give a little bit of depth around the bail; which was made just large enough so that it could be removed and worn with something else and the pearls worn separately. It really was like getting 2 necklace pieces in one! The lovely lady that bought this loves turquoise and loved the unique wire wrap of coils and the fact that it wasn’t in silver.

    Visit our website for a wide selection of custom unique gemstone jewelry.
    Stay tuned all week as I’ll be doing a ‘review’ of all my favorites from Timeless Designs jewelry collection!