Custom Design Bling

    The request from a customer came to mix a lot of crystals with bronzite and a pendant. Needless to say, it’s been a challenge, but then I love a good challenge! The customer had a good idea of what kind of set she wanted, just left it up to me to “Create something like you always do, just make sure it has lots of bling”, she said. Working to get the right mix of stones and crystals together, the hardest part was trying to find a pendant. First, I was trying to find a bronzite pendant to accent the entire piece, but I just couldn’t quite come across the right cut that looked good with the piece (though I get one from the resident gemologist, but I have other ideas for that one!).

    What I did finally come across was the Ocos Agates I’ve been working with and the sparkling color mix on this one just struck me to mix with the necklace. So I laid it all out, included a lot of faceted crystals for a good amount of ‘bling effect’; the golden topaz brings out the gold flakes in the bronzite and the amethyst crystals bring out the brilliant pink/purple colors within the Ocos Agate, just accenting the druzy crystals, and handcrafted the agate with artistic non-tarnish brass wire. I added a touch of gold open spacers; fancy gold toggle and small accent dangle earrings, at her request, to complete the entire set.

    The result is this uniquely handcraft custom bling, “Absolutely gorgeous and breathtaking”, she says; onto her next request, long and simple with a splash of gold and multi-color crystal bling. Like I said, I love a good challenge!

    Browse and purchase custom handcrafted natural stone jewelry at our website.

Blog Archive